Third Harlan's Hawk yesterday

In addition to the 2 Harlan's Hawks I posted below from Pueblo County, I also found a Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk in Otero County. Interestingly, Otero County is where more wintering Harlan's Hawks have been found. Many of it's features can be seen in the bottom pic that I got as it was just taking off from the light pole where I photographed it in the top pic.

Though I try not to flush the birds, especially raptors, I photograph these Harlan's seem extra sensitive and I was the reason it flew from this light pole. I was able to get more photos as it flew and then landed not far away (though I stayed further back to avoid flushing it again). SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven