Refound Harlan's Hawk in Pueblo County


Yesterday I birded in Otero and eastern Pueblo Counties of Colorado. I returned to the location I found the dark morph Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk I posted here on October 15 and refound what seems most likely to be the same bird-same exact location, dark morph with similar markings. This time I was able to not only photograph it flying but also perched plus I got very good, albeit distant, views through my spotting scope.

Interestingly I found a second Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk, a bird with different markings, about a half mile away from where this bird was flying and perching. This bird did not fly over to chase the other Harlan's off even though the second bird flew closer, about a quarter mile away. Interesting. Will post the other's photos next. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven