Pretty female American Redstart


Before I left Lamar I stopped by the Lamar Woods where I found this pretty female American Redstart on Monday morning feeding in and around a grove of tamarisks but I was unable to photograph her. That evening around 6:30 pm I found the bird in these photos, a female American Redstart that was right in the same tamarisk grove where I had seen the bird in morning so likely the same one. She, and other warblers, were very actively feeding but she was higher up so I got these pics. The next morning I spotted a female American Redstart foraging within 20 feet of where I had seen this bird before so again likely the same one that had stopped over to fatten up for the next leg of her trip south. SeEtta




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven