Clapper Rail clip1: video clip of rail walking around in the open

I videotaped this Clapper Rail from the famous So Padre Island Convention Center boardwalk and am posting a series of short clips (most under 30 seconds). I have visited this wonderful birding boardwalk on a number of occasions when I have traveled to the Rio Grande Valley to enjoy the wonderful birds in this area. I have always enjoyed the great and usually close-up views I have had of Clapper Rails from this boardwalk. I will be adding still photos and videos of other cool birds I saw from this boardwalk this trip in later posts. I must add that I was quite disappointed with the new additions to the boardwalk system that is associated with the new So Padre Nature and Birding Center, a far too expensive building (no additional habitat just a fancy building with waterfalls in front?!) and not a very friendly place (they could learn a lot about servicing nature lovers from the staff at the Estero Llano Grande State Park). I strongly recommend entering the boardwalk from the Convention Center entrance, a location that also has a nice butterfly garden and bird habitat.

In this first, and very short, clip the rail walks out into the open providing some very nice views. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven