Sad ending for W Kingbird nestling

My friend said he checked the jury-rigged nest for the Western Kingbird nestling first thing this morning but it wasn't in there and he didn't see it in the area around the nest. This afternoon I found the poor little thing directly across the dirt road from where we had hung the jury-rigged nest--it appeared it had been run over. Apparently it managed to get out of that wire basket nest then walked/flew about 12 feet across the road to the edge. Unfortunately there are several different people who drive up and down this road every day. And this little bird was difficult to see from inside a vehicle--I drove past it several times myself today and didn't find it until I was on my evening walk with my dogs. Darn it. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven