Belated Super Owl Sunday, Great Horned Owls

I didn't get these up for yesterday's SuperOwlSunday so better late than never. This guy was located behind a lot of tree branches and some leaves making me work to get a sharp photo. The pic below is the full body shot of the same owl as the close up above. There was a second owl near this one but it flushed when I stopped my car so no pic.
The two pics below are of the third owl I spotted day before yesterday when I birded in northern Hildago County. A three owl day is pretty good especially as they were all seen in mid afternoon.
All pics above is taken with 600 mm or 25x lens then cropped even further. The pic below is at equivalent focal length of 170mm or just over 3X normal eye view. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Band-tailed Pigeons, the mountain pigeons