Long-eared Owl at Edinburgh Wetlands


This owl was found late last week at the wonderful Edinburg Wetlands in Edinburg Tx. I was told it was found by maintenance staff who inadvertently flushed it while working. It has been seen flying a couple but has roosted mostly in this palm tree. It is back from the trail about 30 feet and their it a lot of vegetation making it challenging to get good pics but perseverance worked for me. I did not do any post processing editing except a little cropping. Fyi all of these are high quality so clicking on them to enlarge will provide delightful close up views. I have a couple of Long-eared Owls previously but it has some years since I have seen one so this was very nice. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven