Vireo(s) in the plumbeous complex from Warbler Woods Sanctuary

These are photos I took yesterday at Warbler Woods Sanctuary just north of San Antonio of the same or possibly two different vireos in the plumbeous complex. The owner Susan and I both thought there was a rather light vireo but I also saw and photographed amuch darker appearing bird about 30 feet from where we saw the lighter appearing bird. I thought that both photos showed a fairly diffuse border between the throat and the auriculars which would be more indicative of a Cassin's Vireo. However it has pointed out that this is a difficult species to prove for this area. It was also noted on the Texbirds facebook page that dark lores are a fild mark for Cassin's. Do click on each photo to enlarge for best viewing. Note: I did no editing other than cropping of these photos.SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Band-tailed Pigeons, the mountain pigeons