Adult Zone-tailed on roost early tonight


I got done with some things a little early so stopped at Frontera Audubon early tonight and found the adult Zone-tailed apparently already on it's roost. It was cloudy but since it was earlier there was more light for pics--good thing as I had to photograph the hawk from a more distant location (as on other occasions I could have gotten closer but did not want to risk disturbing it).

This is another location from where I found the adult Zone-tailed Hawk roosting last night so apparently it is not going to be possible to provide a roost location, especially one that is not going to disturb the roosting hawk, for the many other birders who are interested in seeing this rare hawk. I will discontinuing posting about sightings of this hawk on Texbirds sites. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Band-tailed Pigeons, the mountain pigeons