First winter Harris Sparrow

I spotted this Harris Sparrow, a first winter bird, on the grounds of the University of Colo State University-Pueblo. I had attended one of my water roundtable meetings and was walking my dog, Chase, when I saw it. As it was late afternoon the light was getting poor. It was associating with several White-crowned and Song Sparrows near a storm run-off created wetlands. I also saw a Cooper's Hawk looking at sparrows there.
I had another water roundtable related meeting the next day and stopped to see if I could refind this bird earlier with better light. However, there was a lot of student activity and little bird activity so I did not refind it. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven