Grace's Warbler, very close-up

After I snapped a couple of photos of the bird in a conifer 80 feet away, it flew right into a tree near where I was standing. Instead of being bothered by the mechanical noise that my dslr camera makes when I take a photo it actually appeared to be drawn to it as it came so close in the tree that I couldn't focus my big telephoto lens set-up. So I was able to get some unusually close photos which I only cropped a little to bring up close and personal. I suspect that the fact these birds are located so distant from most birders (it is almost a 3 hour drive for me) that they have not been previously exposed to being photographed and aren't disturbed by many people. There are lots of gas wells and this areas has many large acreage ranchettes but since these small warblers are often high up in conifers there are likely not often even seen by people. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Band-tailed Pigeons, the mountain pigeons