More pics of Canon City Vermilion Flycatcher



Though with the 400mm lens I use, a 1.4 extender and the multiplier for my dslr camera because it is not 'full frame', which gives the equivalent of about 900 mm (about 18 X the normal view) zoom, the Vermilion Flycatcher was too distant for very good pics (and it was 6:30 pm so the lighting wasn't good either). The pics were taken from about 90 feet but when I tried to get 20 feet closer the bird fly further away. I tried unsuccessfully to refind her.  However, the darkish mask and streaked underparts are visible.  And the bird dipped it's tail, phoebe-like, which is the first thing I saw that with it's light coloration made me think this was a Vermilion.  The light yellowish wash on it's lower belly and vent area instead of a salmon/pinkish coloration is indicative of first year birds.  SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Band-tailed Pigeons, the mountain pigeons