Bushy Bushtits

I was delighted last week to host a flock of 25-30 Bushtits in my yard. I have only seen Bushtits in my yard on one other occasion since I lived in my current house the past 12 years. The Bushtits appeared to feed in my pine trees and pyracantha shrub. When I caught site of this Bushtit, it had apparently just bathed and was grooming causing it to look really bushy (and it was on the other side of my pine tree and it was a cloudy day so a difficult pic to take so not good to enlarge). Because I took this pic through the tree branches, this bird was unaware it was seen or photographed--it shook the water from it's feathers repeatedly, preened fluffed up it's feathers. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven