Big buck

While I was watching the two male Williamson's Sapsuckers chase each other around the Lakeside Cemetery in Canon City, CO, I got another surprise when the very big buck in these pics showed up. Though Lakeside Cemetery is on the edge of Canon City, it is bordered on the north side by H115 which is busy all day. I suspect he ran across traffic as he was already in a panic to get out of town when I first spotted him. It is not only unusual to see such a large buck with this big rack here but he is a Mule Deer and I usually see White-tailed Deer in town.
In the bottom pic he is getting ready to jump the 6 foot fence that can be seen behind him and he made this big jump successfully. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven