Flock of 75+ Pinyon Jays

Yesterday I had a little time after the Colo Water Conservation Board meeting that I drove up to attend so I got a some birding in around Salida where the meeting was held. I have posted some pics and video clip of a very large flock of Pinyon Jays I found in a subdivision that was carved out of some very nice pinyon-juniper habitat (possibly where this flock has foraged before this human sprawl invaded) on the north edge of Salida. I had found that flock there previously so I went looking again and was rewarded with these two members of this very large flock of more than 75 members. These pics are good enough to enlarge further-just double-click on each pic. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven