Brown Creeper-at work

These pics are also what I consider intimate views, this time of a Brown Creeper as it probing between the bark of a conifer. Again I am hand-holding the camera--I can't imagine getting these shots if I had to use a tripod as I was under the canopy of the conifer and had to adjust my position quickly as the creeper moved over and under the branches it was working on. Besides lots of small branches in my way, the other big challenge was that it was dark inside the canopy.
I think the bottom pic with the view from behind the creeper provides wonderful detail of the feathers on the upperparts of the bird. Double click on each pic for some really close-up views--the detail that shows of the wing feathers is especially good. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Band-tailed Pigeons, the mountain pigeons