Visit by Black Phoebe

Last week this Black Phoebe paid a visit to my friend's place, just east of Canon City along the Arkansas River, the location where many Black Phoebes have visited, foraged and bred over the past 10 or so years. Unfortunately it was late in the afternoon when I visited my friend so the light was not good for photographing this bird so I was quite pleased to catch the middle pic of the phoebe in flight with a good view of it's fanned tailed feathers.
It is not uncommon to have one or more visits from Black Phoebes during the winter and it's my belief that one or more Black Phoebes winter in the area along the Arkansas River. This bird was quite vocal giving the "tseep" call repeatedly. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven