Scissor-tailed Flycatchers

I got to San Angelo,TX in time to get in an hour or so of birding at the Lake Nasworthy area on the west side of town. San Angelo is one of my favorite towns to stop in when traveling south in Texas and I really enjoy Lake Nasworthy, an area with a lot of human impacts (motor boating, expensive developments along most of the lake shore, invasive alien tamarisk) but with some public park areas, cattail wetlands and still some nice birds. The first birds I saw were Scissor-tailed Flycatchers including the two pictured here. They make sounds like squeaky-toys. I saw about 5-6 of them around the rambling parks. Note: their split tail can be separated by the bird which mimics the motion of a pair of scissors, thus the name. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven