Chestnut-sided Warbler at Sabal Palm

Hopefully the gremlins that took over my laptop the past few days (no,not a virus) are gone so I can post more pics from my trip like these. I took these photos at the famous Sabal Palm Audubon Center in Brownsville, TX--the same one for which I have conservation alerts due to the likely building of the dumb-destructive border wall that is still being built and will probably cut-off Sabal Palm from access (though the arrogant jerks in charge won't even tell Sabal Palm representatives what they are planning). I better not get wound up about this awful border wall as I could go on for pages about why it is a taxpayer rip-off as well as devastating to the remnant ecosystem that supports birds like this one. Sabal Palm is one of my favorite places because it is such a jewel with it's remnant sabal palm forest, a habitat that has been decimated by development along the Rio Grande Valley. I talked to someone who was catching beetles for a university research program and he told me that over 1,000 beetle species have been identified in these palm forests--that's some dramatic biodiversity.
This Chestnut-sided Warbler was foraging in a mixed flock of warblers (including Blackburnian, Black-throated Green and Black-and-White species). They came in this little burst of frenetic activity that lasted only a few minutes until they moved off in their foraging. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven