Hooded Warbler, rarity in Colorado


Today I returned to Pueblo Mountain Park to look for the rare Hooded and Grace's Warblers that had been reported there but I had given little time or energy to find during the past visits while concentrating on the Acorn Woodpeckers. Well, I bombed on the Grace's Warbler, either too late in the morning to hear it singing (the only way I have found them before is by their singing) or they may no longer be singing. Also did not hear this male Hooded Warbler sing either but did hear it's loud 'chink' calls that gave it's general location away; however, I had to 'dig' it out of the thick undergrowth that is it's preferred habitat.

Though the top two pics give some notion of how I had to take photos of this bird through the twigs and leaves, the bottom pic shows what I was often tracking in hopes of a clear shot. More pics to come. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven