Nice yard bird-Northen Parula

Yesterday I was pleased with the mini-fall out in my yard of neotropical migrants though none was rare at all. This morning all that remained were the Gray Catbird and the buntings that have been here for a week or so. So I birded the Canon City Riverwalk (actually I live less than 500 feet from the greenbelt that is the bluff over the Riverwalk) but no sign of the Yellow-rumped Warblers that visited my yard last night.
When I got home around 1 pm and stepped out of my car, I heard a buzzy warbler singing above me and found this male Northern Parula in my Purple Ash trees. I watched it for almost 10 minutes as it foraged actively high in the tree foliage where it got a nice fat worm as shown in it's beak in the top two pics. I have a photo in the next post of the bird with it's beak open wide as it went for the worm. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Band-tailed Pigeons, the mountain pigeons