75-80 Long-billed Curlews in one field--WOW

While searching for Aplomado Falcons I spotted several Long-billed Curlews in a field. When I stopped to look at them I saw there were actually about 50 birds scattered around. Then over the next 15-20 minutes more curlews flew in--again and again until there were at least 75 and likely closer to 80 curlews in this field. More may have come in after I left but I was still looking for the falcons and needed to move along. Though they were foraging, given that it was almost dusk I suspect they came in here to spend the night. The Laguna Madre is just a few hundred yards across the field. I was very impressed to see such a large number in one place. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven