Green Heron-short video clip catching a fish

I went to the Canon City Riverwalk tonight to try to videotape the Green Heron that is in the previous posts. I left my dslr camera and took the camcorder and the tripod. It was almost dark by the time I was able to get to a position to video the Green Heron after the people moved away so it isn't as clear as I would like but the previous pics provide good views and this shows the fish catching and swallowing. The heron, after perching virtually motionless for several minutes, quickly strikes out and catches a good size fish. It then works it around into position so it can swallow it. After the fish is down, the heron takes two sips of water to help wash the fish the rest of the way down. All the stuff flying around are the very active insects and 'cotton' from the cottonwood trees. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven