Nesting Bald Eagle & attentive mate

I have been monitoring this nesting female and have often seen her mate nearby. Last year their nest and nest tree was destroyed in severe winds. I found her still on the nest yesterday and her mate perched about 25 feet above her as shown in this pic (double-click on pic to enlarge it to see them better).Interestingly, at dusk I found both Bald Eagles in the nest--see bottom 2 pics (unfortunately the eagles were several hundred feet away and it was dusk). I don't know if perhaps the male was going to try to breed with her again or if he was going to enjoy a nest to spend the night. Another, though anthropomorphic explanation might be that he was being altruistic by staying in the nest with her as it was quite windy (I don't know if they would even remember the bad winds that destroyed their nest last year). At first I thought I had just caught him bringing her food but I watched for more than 10 minutes and he was still there. SeEtta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotted Sandpiper Chicks, 3 more days older

Recently fledged Common Raven